Our attorneys are committed to the principle that leadership and service to the community are an integral part of the legal profession. We are involved in a wide variety of community programs and volunteer work, such as:
- Carolina Theater Board Member
- Neighborhood Associations Board Members
- Service mission trips to Indonesia and Botswana
- Service mission trips locally, to Florida
- Children’s Basketball and Baseball Coaches
- Big Brother in Literacy Council
- Womens Center Legal Information Service Volunteers and Family Law Workshop Presenters
- Eno River Association Member
- William Friday Fellowship for Human Relations
- Religious Coalition for a Non-Violent Durham
Our attorneys are also committed to providing legal service to persons in need on a pro bono (or free) basis. Our firm has assisted victims of domestic violence with representation in family law matters. The firm has also provided legal defense in criminal prosecutions to persons unlawfully arrested or victims of excessive force by law enforcement. The firm has to evaluate requests for free legal representation on a case by case basis and evaluate our ability to assist persons in the context of our overall case load.
Our firm takes seriously our responsibility as attorneys to serve our community.